Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

6.22.2005

Asinine


So Minkus and I were trying to figure this one out. The problem: my motorcycle has been sitting dormant for the past 2 years (I know, I know, a crime against humanity but drivers around here are utterly insane and I'd prefer not to test my luck). So in the interim, the gas in the tank (and carbs) has most likely turned into sludge. The mission: to clean the ol' sumbitch out and get her running again.

So, most people know that you can't dispose of petroleum products the same way you'd, for example, dispose of cooking oil. What most people don't know is how one can go about safely disposing of these materials. So, of course, I hit up the ol' intarweb in search of answers. And what I found disturbed me. The results came back with all kinds of less-than-helpful advice to the effect of, "Never dispose of gasoline or motor oil in your normal refuse, contact your local dump or waste processing center for disposal." Some specific searches for places in Fairfax that do this processing came up empty.

So now, my confusion is this: if it is so imperative that we not throw out gas and motor oil willy-nilly, why in the name of Zeus' butthole do they make it such a pain to do so safely? At the very least, they could make it easy to find places that will do it (not to mention the fact that often you have to PAY to have it recycled). It just seems bass-ackwards to me. "Hey these are dangerous waste products that absolutely should never be introduced into the environment, so let's make people jump through hoops to have them recycled properly." Asinine.

For the record, it seems that some gas stations will accept gas for recycling. Of course, I had to find this out by calling around to a few different gas stations...

On a happier note, can I just say that the Italian Store has the most ridiculously tasty subs ever created by the hand of man? If any of you ever feel so inclined to bring unimaginable joy into my life, the magic recipe is: "Large Capri on soft, no hots, no onions, extra sweets, and mozz." Boo. Yer. Kasha.

1 Comentarios:

  • Damn, dog...a rant that should have Megan holding me back from putting a fist through the wall (as usual), yet I can't walk away pissed when left w/"Boo. Yer. Kasha."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/22/2005 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home