Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

5.17.2005

Veinte tres

Not sure how I feel about 23. Over the whole legal-to-drink thing, still not old enough to rent a car. You've got all these milestones you look forward to as you're growing up. After 25, the perks pretty much stop until you're eligible for the senior discount (as if that's a perk, though at some point I suppose you look at it as one). At what point do you say "I'd like to stay right at this age?" I'm certainly not there yet, but I'm on the lookout.

Back when I was looking at schools, my guidance counselor told me his time at Tech were "the best four years" of his life. To each his own, I suppose. So here I am, somewhere in limbo between my "early" and "mid" twenties. So far, so good. Not where I want to be just yet (and not the foggiest where that would be if I had the choice), but things are movin' on up, so I'm not complaining.

So where was I? Oh right, birthday. I'll take a moment to gloat over the swag from the occasion:
  • A bunch of nice new threads for work and play (pimp++)
  • Sonicare Toothbrush (You know you're getting old when this type of gift actually excites you, but this thing is freaking cool. Review forthcoming.)
  • Framed/personalized picture of myself and the Stink (awww...)
  • Old Navy Flip-Flops (score!)
  • Bottle 'o Patron Añejo Tequila (yum!)
  • Gift certificate to Penn Camera (shibby!)
  • The Megazooka (muah hah hah!)
  • Cashola ($bling++)
  • Various cards 'n wellwishes from varias personas (gracias a todos!)
All in all, not a bad haul.

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment

<< Home