Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

5.17.2005

Podcastin'

Yeah, yeah, 3 posts in one day. Bad form, I know, but Dipika commented on how she hates super-long blog posts, so I'm breakin the recap into bite-sized chunks for your stalking reading pleasure.

So Sowers has been getting into the podcasting scene. I must say, I was a little intrigued and checked out one he'd pulled down to his 'Pod (This Week in Tech, for the curious). So at some point we decided we should start a podcast. Seemed easy enough: couple of microphones, a couple people, a couple of drinks, and the rest kinda just falls into place. Yeah.

So we had initially planned to get a select group of individuals together for a little "Meeting of the Minds", but that was also much easier than it sounded. So come quitting time, I convinced Sowers to bounce over to my piece. To ensure that our podcast didn't take on an overly masculine vibe and to balance out our appeal to the masses, we forced Dipika to join in the fun.

I could go on, but really, I'll let the first 'cast speak for itself. Well, actually no, first let me just warn you that it absolutely, positively sucks. To be perfectly frank, it brings "suck" to new levels. So without further ado, I present to you the 0th iteration of $podcast_name:

I hope you will enjoy a podcast by Pedro Sanchez: $podcast_name #0

Now, on the off chance you actually subjected yourself to those fifteen minutes of agony (and if you did, I would like you to know that I'm really, really sorry... but I did warn you), let me share with you just a few of the [very] many lessons we learned in making this (in no particular order):
  1. Podcasting without a topic is not a good idea
  2. Barring some serious improvement in 'casting abilities, drink more "agua"
  3. Caveat: Alcohol Water is not an adequate substitute for a topic
  4. Really, really, ridiculously low volume does not a good podcast make
  5. A discussion of citrus gadgetry is not entertainment
  6. Joking about alcoholism is not funny... unless you are drinking
  7. No mumbling! Less giggling! *cough*
  8. There is no microphone
If anyone thinks of others (or topic suggestions!) feel free to blow up the comentarios here. I don't take criticism very well.

I would also like to take this moment to ASSURE you that any subsequent podcasts will suck less, and that we will also try to be funny at some point. I mean, we laughed our asses off listening to it after the fact, but I am certain we are the only ones. In any event, don't take this as an example of things to come. Te prometo.

1 Comentarios:

  • ahem. In my defense, things seemed funnier because we were trying to be serious. ok... not much of a defense... I had no idea I was such a girl. I'll go hang my head in shame now.

    By Blogger sangeet, at 5/17/2005 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home