Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

8.01.2005

El Trabajo

Well, I survived day 1!

Oh yeah, haven't posted since I got here. All moved in, this place is HUGE compared to my last place. Heck, it'd be huge even without the second bedroom and screened-in patio. I have no idea how I fit all this stuff into my apartment in Rosslyn!

Anyway, the place is pretty decent, nice neighborhood, near the fire department (which makes my mom happy). 4 blocks from the beach. Only gripes: no dishwasher, and there's no washer/dryer in the unit. Ah well. Tradeoffs. It's cheaper than my other place was!

Other thing, no A/C. But guess what? It doesn't matter around here! Just a hair warmer than I'd like come bedtime but it's tolerable, and I'm sure after the July/August timeframe it's perfect. And I can imagine I'll appreciate it when it's time to pay the electric bill.

Anyway, pics will be forthcoming. I'm still sifting through all of the ones from my trip. Translation: I'm feeling lazy now that I'm finally moved in and have taken care of all the various administrivia around town. But it'll happen. That or you punks will just have to come out here to visit. $99 each way on JetBlue if you book in advance!

So, work was pretty good. The commute to El Segundo wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still longer than I'd like. Next week should be an improvement when I actually head to the client site. Had to go through a mountain of paperwork and met all kinds of people (including my boss for the first time). Lots of nice folks, seems like it should be a great environment. El jefe took me out for an excellent lunch and Dave met up with us after being out of town all last week. That kid... He drags me out here then skips town just as I arrive. The nerve!

Got better oriented after lunch and set up my computer, an Inspiron 9100. I call it, "Lapzilla." This thing has a 17" screen and weighs at least 10 lbs. Has a 3.2GHz P4 with HT, 1GB RAM, DVD and CD burner, and two fans that make my desktop sound like a Mac Mini. It's a "portable" powerhouse. I think that second battery will come in handy.

Met up with a new friend and a bunch of her friends for "Margarita Monday". $2 margaritas all night and free food from 4-7? Yes please!

Found parking not too far from my place (that waiting list for the garage can speed up aaaanytime now) and here I am. Surprisingly energized for the end of the day, but it's time to relax for a bit before day 2.

Ciao!

1 Comentarios:

  • Hmm, let's see... no dishwasher, no washer/dryer, no air conditioning... are you sure this place has electricity?

    By Blogger jadam, at 8/02/2005 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home