Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

7.24.2005

Grand Canyon


grand canyon
Originally uploaded by altoloco.
Arrived at the big hole in the ground around 9:30AM, and it's a good thing I did. By the time I got out of there around 12:30, there was a line about 1/2 a mile long of cars waiting to enter. I got to see all the major viewpoints along the South Rim, no traffic, no waiting, and before it got too hot out. Definitely the way to do it!

There's really no picture that can capture just how ridiculously huge the canyon is (though I took a few sequential shots I'll try to stitch into a panoramic). I can't even imagine the sight it would be on a less smoggy day. It just seems to go on forever downward and out to the horizon. Beautiful colors, too.

Will definitely have to come back and check out the north rim and maybe do some hiking down into it. Who's in?

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment

<< Home