Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

7.23.2005

Mexican Hat

Rolled out of Arches and noticed that the "Service Engine Soon" light had gone out. Wasn't sure if that was a good thing or bad thing, but it's back on now, so whatever.

The original plan today was to head to Moab to stay for the night. Of course, my cell phone has been pretty much worthless for the past several days, so as soon as I get to civilization I get half a dozen voicemails I didn't know about.

[War]drove around Moab for a bit, caught up on email and returned some calls while I was back on the grid. It turns out the movers are bringing my stuff early Monday afternoon, so I'm going to have to shave a day off my trip.

Had a quick lunch/dinner so I would survive the rest of the day then hauled ass to Mexican Hat, so named for the rock formation depicted here. Such a shame I had to rush through this state. Utah may not be big on drinking, but damned if they don't have some unbelievable landscapes.

Got to the San Juan Inn. It's a pretty cool little place right next to the San Juan river. Checked in, then went for a dip in the river. Soooo relaxing. The sun was just starting to set, and the water was the perfect temperature. Exactly what I needed after an extended driving day!

Stats for day 9:

Miles driven: 380.1
Miles per gallon: 30.1
Average speed: 50mph
Travel time: 7hr, 31min

Tomorrow: Grand Canyon and partying in Phoenix!

Can't believe this trip is almost over...

1 Comentarios:

  • Sometimes those "check engine" lights come on if the gas cap wasn't fully tightened...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/26/2005 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home