Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

7.24.2005

The OC

The end of today finds us in San Clemente, CA. Drove in through San Diego then up PCH (the Pacific Coast Highway, for the uninitiated) into Orange County. Really pretty town. Stuck my feet in the Pacific and got some fantastic seafood for dinner.

Some digits to groove on:

Miles driven: 434.0
Miles per gallon: 23.1
Average speed: 55mph
Travel time: 7hr, 46min

Normally the last day of a vacation is totally depressing. It's like a Sunday evening, only amplified tenfold. But I've got to say, despite the fact that I've had an awesome time the past 11 days, I don't feel any of that right now (though technically I have all the rest of this week too).

It's just really exciting to not have any clue what is coming my way in the coming days and weeks. Heck, I haven't even seen the apartment I'm moving into yet!

Ah well, I won't try to make any profound analogies, or at least, I'm not posting any of the ones I came up with. Neither will I try to capture all the thoughts I've got going on in my head. I think that would require knowing what they all were in the first place.

Anyway, I've got movers coming at noon and 30 miles of rush hour to brave. So to all, I bid thee adieu and goodnight!

So ends the last real day of my travels, but something tells me the trip is just getting started!

1 Comentarios:

  • 'We've been on the run
    Driving in the sun
    Looking out for number one
    California here we come'

    Congrats buddy! Thanks for posting all the updates and good luck getting moved in.

    By Blogger jadam, at 7/25/2005 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home