Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

7.17.2005

The Windy City

Wow! Chicago is a really cool city. Lots of incredibly cool buildings that made for some awesome photo ops. Will Flickr'ize em later.

Hit up the Sears Tower skydeck first. Had to wait about an hour but it wasn't too bad. Now, someone tell me if I'm being paranoid here, but they had this green screen with a camera setup. They were feeding people through this after the metal detectors and before they bought tickets. The sign said it was for a souvenir skydeck photo, and no obligation to buy. Some people ahead of me asked if they could skip the picture since they weren't going to buy it, and the attendant said no, they had to have the picture taken! What kinda 1984 crap is this? I guess most people just don't care enough to question stuff like that.

Anyway, got to the top (after a speedy elevator ride) and... wow. Just awesome. You can see forever. Absolutely a must-see at some point.

Took a stroll down to Millennium Park and shot about 2 rolls of B&W at the fountains there. It was insane how many families were down there with their kids playing in the water. I hope some of the shots come out, they were having a blast (and I was too!). Sports mode is a must-have for taking shots of kids (and 4fps is pretty handy as well). I have a bunch of other pictures from walking around Chicago but I'm too tired to resize them all down right this minute.

Hit up the Navy Pier after that. It was aight I s'pose, would have been fun to have more time to check it all out (especially the beer garden). Then headed back to my car and hit the road...

1 Comentarios:

  • Wow, that req'd mug shot really IS bullsheist, man...but I digress:

    Why you gotta hate freedom?

    Glad to hear you spent some B&W! Neopan RULES!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/18/2005 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home