Hey, let's go ride bikes!

How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

6.02.2006

Expliqueme Algo

So I'm up in Boston on business and, like most hotels, they have these cute little cards around the room declaring that we must conserve water by reusing towels. It briefly outlines the process for doing your duty to save the planet (a completely inane goal, but that's a post for another day): simply hang any towels you wish to re-use instead of leaving them on the floor. Fair enough. I reuse my towels at home, why not at a hotel? So I leave my towel draped over the shower curtain rod and go off to attend several hours worth of training. And what do I find upon my return? Well, let's survey the room: new toiletries (the old ones had been used once at this point, keep in mind), a made bed, and oh, what's this? Freshly laundered towels and wash cloths.

Now, I'm a big advocate of effective personal hygeine but come on now. This is the second hotel I've stayed at in the past month that has had these signs and completely disregarded their intent. Furthermore, I discovered that they had placed one of these adjacent to the room service menu, on top of my bed, as if to draw my attention to this vital piece of information that would, it would seem, be utterly ignored, here, as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance.

I have this weird habit of mentally labeling normal, everyday occurences with Fark news tags.

The verdict:

1 Comentarios:

  • It's sad how much thought you must put into entries such as this one.

    But they're amusing. I wish you'd write in this more often

    Love you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/03/2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home